Monday, March 2, 2009

Product I like

Now that I'm endeavoring to wear sunscreen every day and not just when I'm going to be out in the sun for long periods of time, I pulled out my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. It promises to have an ultra light and clean feel, which, in my opinion, it does. It also doesn't smell quite so sun-blocky. I don't really relish smelling like sunblock all the time, so that's a plus.

Now, I purchased this in a 55 SPF strength, which is overkill for the purposes for which I'm going to start using more sunblock. I bought it for a trip to Florida in late September and needed something strong. I'm sure it comes in lesser strengths, though.

I also can't remember how much I paid for it, so I don't know if the price would be acceptable to me for an everyday sunscreen or not.

Moreover, I'm not a dermatologist or any type of scientist, so I can't speak to its medical efficacy. I would guess that Neutrogena is very invested in standing by the claims of their products, as they have made their name on skin care.

Having made all of those disclaimers, I must say that I really do like the way it feels.

In a way, I have a youthful complexion for someone who is 29+++ (I'm Southern, and Southern women do not discuss their exact ages in public.) But, that's in spite of visible sun damage. There is a definite difference in skin that has had a lot of sun exposure and skin that hasn't.

When you are very young, sun exposure looks attractive on the skin. But, it damages deep layers, and that damage suddenly starts showing up more and more and more as you move through life. So, do your future self a favor and protect your skin now!

Here's to happy and healty skin.
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment